schools, corporate and large group bookings
Whether you’re a school group looking for an immersive,
educational, safe and fully hosted experience for your students. Or a business embracing
team building, our cultural navigators at Unique Whanganui River Experience can
customise a package to suit you.
What that could look like is up to you.
Here’s some inspiration (taken from our 5 day package) to help you out:
- Start with a 5 hour canoe journey. Relax that evening at camp with a rustic dinner and entertainment.
- Back on the river – storytelling, native surrounds, native bird spotting and in the evening listening out for the call of the Kiwi and bat spotting.
- Canoe to Tieke Kainga and be welcomed with a pōwhiri (welcoming ceremony) and hangi (feast).
- A day off the river where you can relax or explore the surrounding bush including a former fortified pa site.
- Now that your river ready – lets get some adrenalin pumping with a rapid run. You navigator will teach you how to approach the rapids safey and will travel at your pace.
- Cap off that excitement and end your journey with lunch before the drive back to Taumaruni.